16.8.08

Crocodile anyone? You can watch them life on a boat at B$1.00

Its a well know park in Brunei.. oh well, like its surrounded by schools, st Andrews, St George's, SMJA, STPRI, and etc... and if you drive further, its Bandar area and the other side is Gadong and Batu satu.. who can miss a landmark like this... anyways, its a popular site among the locals especially the Kampung Ayer (Water Village) Residence because there's a jetty here for them to catch a ride home... but I just found out... emm... well, last year.. that if you are willing, you can catch a sight of the local crocodiles by just paying B$1.00 for a boat cruise... lol... remember, its a "sampan" small boat... :P so anyways... its easy to get here... just ask the locals for any of the schools stated above and you'll never miss it...

anyways, me and my newly found friend, EOS350D was excited when I woke up in the morning, after all the errant was settled... I drove to the park... which i've been like eyeing the landmark for days now and finally got the chance to pay it a visit.... and when I was there, gosh, i went photo frenzy... i've actually took 650++ pictures on that day... I snap at everything... lol.. whatever moves.. and not too.. all I can say is... BRUNEI IS A PEACEFUL PLACE with LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL SCENERY...... A VERY PEACEFUL PLACE... :p

As I approached the jeti... a boat driver pulled over his boat and asked me in broken English
Boat Driver : You want see Crocodile?

Me : Oh, Kamek orang sini! Bukan pelancong, (Oh, Im a local, not a tourist)
Boat Driver : oh, pikir kita orang luar ngan kamera (Oh, thought your a tourist cause of you camera)
Me : Nada, Kamek dah lama tak pulang, mau ambil gambar tuk blog (nah, I've not been home much and just wanna take some pic to fill in my blog)
Boat Driver : Sik mau tengok? (Don't wanna see?)
Me : Lain Kali je la ya.. terima kasih... (No thanks, maybe next time)
Boat Driver : Bah
Me : Bah........ *if you are wondering what is a Bah... it means (bye, thank you, I understand and etc)

trust me.. just walk up to the jetty and look like ur fascinated and pull tourist act... the boat drivers will approach you..

The main entrance.... look at that stage... well, its shape in muslim art.. Brunei is a muslim country you know..

a test angle by lying on the stairs...

I love this one with the lightings...

wat do you think of this view...

the fountain by the stage

The fountain cleaners... lol.... well, they were working and I decide to capture em in to make my pictures more dramatic

The other fountain cleaner... and lucky they were very friendly... hey.. if you wanna know... Bruneians are very friendly... and they smile a lot.. so its a good place for you all to relax...

The other side of the park.... I love this perspective shot..

and playing with apeture and shutter speed.

I love this shot too... from a worm eyeview..

The descriptions of the area... I don't read Jawi so I dono what it says.. and I totally forgot what the other plate says in English too... lol

The middle stage fountain

And a scenic view from the stage.. towards the Jetty

The wooden path to watch the crocodile

The river bank where the crocodile lives free... oh.. these r the boats which will take you on the tour...

Its up tat river... the Crocodiles

Back to on the soil... A view from the Jetty

And I just love this shot.... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment