16.8.08

Cari Makan again......

Well, its a common activity for friends to meet up and "Yam Cha" - Tea Session - cantonese... bt the actual translation is "Drink Tea" in KL... Well, its not really common for me to actually go for these session nowadays... since I started to be an actor... I would prefer the term "Be an actor" rather than work as an actor because I treat acting as my lifestyle.. not a job.. :) Well, Hopefully, all you, my friends would understand that I'm not snobbish or snort.. (lol) just that I've a very tight schedule and since it's the start of my career... I've to work really really hard... :P I still love u all and always... always appreciate the time I spend with you all... every1 who knows me knows I love to socialize... lol... (ur not my friend if u disagree) lol... hehehehe.... :P anyways... every1 of my friends have been mentioning, quoting and re-quoting.... "Hey, Don't forget me when you are famous ok" Bt remember this, "If I do the expected, Would I still be Loren Bong??" Every1 who knows me knows that I cherish my friends.... and of course.. also knows that I choose my friends... not by their look... nor by their wealth... neither how the world does it..... "HOI! U of all ppl calls yourselves my friends should already know the answer to that question!!" muahahahaha (Evil Laugh)......

and of course.... i donno what is up with me... Im suppose to be on a strict diet bt i'm like tasting lots of food.... and like hunting all of em one by one... :S ... well, for today's log... its bout "Chu Cheong Fun" emmm... well... its kinda like steamed Chinese rice rolls... some have fillings and some don't... originally, the hongkie's have stuffing.. like Barbecue pork, prawns and chickens.. usually paired with soy sauce and sesame seeds.. bt since everything evolved.. we r like having sweet sauce, chilly paste, and even curry gravy.... We don't have that much sauce back home in Borneo.... usually, ours r more similar to the ones from Hong Kong.. :P

and another local favourite is the Yong Tau Foo (stuffed bean curd)...which is Tofu stuffed with meat/fish/pork paste.. but then, as always, as time passes... it has evolved into not only stuffed tofu.. bt stuffed vege... with a selections of eggplant, chilli, bitter gourd and etc... my fav is still the eggplant and chilli... lol... don't worry.. the chilli r never spicy... so if u have the chance... grab those chilli... Anyways... according to myth n legend in Malaysia.. the best Yong Tou Foo is in Ampang... But went there, tried it and live to tell, its not the best... wanna know where the best is........ It's right at my very own home... My mom's Stuffed Bitter Gourd is really a legend... and i would labeled it the 8th wonder of the world.. :P bt seriously... don't ever try my mom's stuffed chilli..... I dono why but everytime I took one bite, I can finish the whole fridge's ice water.... lol... and Im loving it... did I mentioned I've a spicy tongue.. :P..... so... the ones we have here in peninsula r seperated into two types.. the deep fried and the soupy type... usually they would dip it into the boiling water and let it boil till its hot before being served...

anyways... I was tasting it at TeaTime taman Mayang, PJ... and well, I would just give it 1/2* not worth tying.. bt if ur here... and happens to be hungry... try the fried carrot cake... lol....

Gosh... nikon are cheaper then canon?
the lowest nikon model is RM1888 (D40) and canon RM2400 (EOS 450D)


the gang's fav past-time.. cho tai tee... emm... card game.. any we don't gamble money ok.. just to exercise our brains...

A talented editor in the group... emm... did i mentioned .. we r all into the film industry.. well, design industry... this is Lester Raja.. my statemate... sarawak

Half Jap/Taiwanese motoshi .... explaining how to expand chest :P hahaha....

The lovely couple... Lester and Heman.. notice the synchronized color... hahaha...

Lester getting an artistic shot of Mot...

The che Cheong Fun cum Yong Tou Foo... in curry sauce...

closer look... stuffed chilli, egg plant with steamed chinese rice rolls in curry sauce with sprinkles of sesame seeds

How the whole plate looks like

Having my stuffed chilli.... finally a pic of me... lol.. usually photographers don't have much shots of himself.. cept for camwhoring...

Trying to pose for the camera bt seems like the camera man is taking ages trying to find the right shutter speed... lol

Well, I finish all of them anyways..... I was a bit hungry... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment