19.10.10

Egg-ing your way to health

There have been different speculation regarding the nutrition of eggs.. we have the ones who can never live without the eggs for their daily source of HIGH PROTEIN and LOW CARBS  to fuel the metabolism to feed muscle and burn fats. And there is another school who believes that Eggs are BAD source of CHOLESTEROL which is bad for the health. Now who is right and who is wrong?

Since the depletion of my protein supplement due to my budget, I've been relying on natural resources to fuel my muscles and metabolism and Egg is in the list. I've been taking a min of 3 eggs (2 egg whites + 1 whole egg) sometimes more. One thing for sure, it's not as good as the PROTEIN POWDERS in the point of recovery, fuel, and energy since 1 egg contains 78 kcal | 6.5g Protein | 5.8g Fats and a lot of good nutrients and vitamins. Don't believe? check it out here. and reading all the reviews on eggs, i've never came across anything seriously condemning about the harm of eggs from cholesterol. I knew of a man who changed my mindset regarding eggs.. well, he's healthy and at almost 80 yrs old who goes to the gym and plays around with the machine as if he was still 40. He takes eggs everyday. HARD BOILED ones. so I asked him if the issue of cholesterol troubles him. He laughed and told me long details on how good eggs are for human and the only harm from cholesterol comes from how it's being prepared. A lot of us deep fried the eggs or stir fry the eggs with lots of oil and most of the time.... if you get what I mean... seeing is believing. He is still taking his morning egg and toast breakfast everyday and coming to gym after.

So no worries on that part since I only take Hard Boiled Eggs in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Another thing I noticed when I take eggs is I feel my body reacting to the protein from the eggs. My veins on my forearms became visible and my body warms up. I can feel my metabolism kicking into anabolism state. Of course, I take my peanut butter wholemeal bread as usual... but wait, isn't that CRAZY?

FATS from EGGS
FATS from VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
FATS from PEANUT BUTTER

isn't that a bit too much FATS? well, I'm not sure bout Eggs but that don't bother me at all since it's pretty minimal. but Fats from Olive Oil and Peanut Butter are considered MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acids) which is fats which fuels up the metabolism to burn fats. So having them on every meal actually helps me to burn more fats :P hahaha....

so with the combination of Eggs (protein to feed the muscles), Olive Oil (Fats to jack up the metabolism and with great nutrients) and Peanut Butter (also Fats to spike up the metabolism) what could go wrong with this combination of FAT meal? just remember to know ur portion..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment