25.10.10

Ever felt like being chained?

Ever been a day when you are all hyped up after a day in the gym the trainers been motivating you and giving you advices on good diets only to have friends who temps you with "sinalicious" fatty food and you tell yourself, "what the heck, I can do away with another hour or 2 in the gym tomorrow and start the diet after this meal." then you reached home and have your family serving "too rich for your diet" menu and one you have to consume unless you risk hurting the feelings of love ones? And so your healthy diet plan's beginning to feel further and further away from your reach. well, its just a common routine most of us face so don't feel alone or being left out. In fact, I'm facing this situation everyday. All those around me constantly questions me regarding my diet and my food and some would go to the extend of discriminating my food. hahaha.... and not to forget friends who are not willing to change or couldn't find the determination enough to be on a healthy diet kept trying to pull you down and keep you away from success so they won't feel worst seeing you making progress and they don't.

Well, trust me, its not going to be easy maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Especially in today's society where health is scarce and mostly sold. No doubt our government promotes health but they have not done anything for that cause. Lifting the subsidy off sugar may seems like the 1st step but where did these subsidy goes to? make you wonder. when they 1st announce that they are lifting it for the sake of the community to promote health, i was looking forward for them to transfer the subsidy to supplements such as vitamins and sort to ease our burden on the expensive healthy products but.... guess that large sum of money just disappeared. Oh well...

It was easy when i was living alone in Kuala Lumpur. I control my diet and make sure I know what I am eating. I'll say no when the menu is not in my list of consumable ingredient and choose to meet friends in places where edible food is easily available. I thought it would be easier when I return to my hometown. Won't be that hard to maintain. LOL.. Guess I was a little naive back then.

Well, you are going to wonder how I maintain my health and physics with all these barriers laying around making life on the healthy lane harder day by day. Like mentioned, it's never easy but since I know I can't miss the dinner with my family I choose to take my own day meals.. I consume at least 6 day meals before dinner and supper minimum. In a way, i managed to control 85% of what I eat in a day and the minimum percentage is 75 to maintain on a healthy par. So I'm still above average. Even so, the healthy guideline states to consume less carbs after 3pm. And knowing it's not in my menu, the list are carbs packed. So I consume a minimal amount. 2 tablespoons of white rice and more veges than meat. I used to have the attitude of "EAT ALL YOU CAN" back then. probably its how most asians react "kiasu, kiasi" I remember a time when my brother and I was in Hartz Chicken Sunway Pyramid in 1998. I consumed 8 large plates of mountain high portion chickens. Not to mentions bowl and bowls of ice-creams, softdrinks and sauce. Since its a buffet, I was greedy and would like to eat more than it's worth. But to what gain? sacrificing my health for just a couple of dollars extras? how much could you eat? is it worth it? Remember, its not how much you can eat now, its how much you can eat in the long run. I know a lot of people eat like there is no tomorrow only to find themselves diagnose with lots of sickness which forbids them to take any more of those "Sinalicious" foods. By maintaining my healthy lifestyle, cheating now and then won't be a problem. and I can cheat now and then a whole lifetime...

So choose now.... eat till you are content for a limited time of your life or eat in moderation a whole lifetime.. your choice.... hahaha.... and one more thing.. a lot of people will come up to you and tell you not to torture yourself, live life to the full, eating is a luxury... etc ... but see it in the long run... who will be the winner....

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean.
    Living in the jungle I can control my diet & my timetable.

    When I'm back at home, I have to follow what my mother serves...
    On well... just means more cardio which I dont mind! haha~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... true man.. but it's always good to be pampered by family :P just sometime, its not diet friendly... :P

    ReplyDelete