3.10.10

My 1st assignment with a Sony HDR - FX1


It's my 2nd day at work and i was given a HDcam. The cam is fabulous but not a great cam under low lighting.. i guess its more of a film cam rather than a field cam.. usually when u shoot a film, proper lighting are strategically set so there is no problem in using this cam.. but what i love bout this cam is the FOCUS RING... muahaha.. i just love it... and furthermore, there is a manual iris, shutter speed and gain function which comes in handy.. although its not fun trying to grab a hold of them during the field shootings.. but its good that it's there. As to why it's not handy during an event shoot? well, cause I was shooting a concert and as you know, the lighting were crazy.. so i had to keep my fingers on the iris knob with the zoom ring constantly. no fun at all.. lol

well, my 1st assignment was to cover Shell Sarawak's 100 yr anniversary "party in the park" event. Im one of the 3 cameras on site for the life feed broadcast. well it was a huge event with over 6k seats with many invited celebrities such as the Malaysian Jazz queen, Noreen Aziz, singaporean idol singer Farhan, an american singer (sorry, cant remember ur name but ur voice is AWESOME.. sounds like Phil Collins), local band Energy, and Comedy court guys from KL. the invited host for the night were awesome too .. sorry, not good with names ... haiz... my duty for the night was to capture u all so didn't get the name .. lol.. but its a radio host and a model of which both are from Kuching sarawak.

I think a lot of people were woken up by the loud bangs from the huge fireworks display.. pretty much guess it cost a lots of thousands, 10s or 100s even.. with that crazily superb display.. there is no doubt.. I was in the mist of action so i felt it.. and i do mean felt it cause it was just right in front of me.. as well as the large speakers and the fireworks just couple of feet away from me.. hahaha... and not to forget the torch which constantly blows fires.. how close was I? enough to feel the flame in my face.. it was fun though.. if u know me enough, u would know what i meant :P anyways.. i had to stand there with the camera for 7 hrs straight cause it was a non-stop show... i figure they would come to relief us once in a while.. but guess, this is still miri after all.. human and staff rights pretty much lacks here with our not so efficient labour law governing us.

anyways, its a great experience... with the FX1 i mean.. :P

2 comments:

  1. Damn...
    I wish I could use that for my competition video.
    hahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup,bt u've 2haf proper lighting. Its not a v good cam under low lighting conditions. Its a v.good film camera though;)

    ReplyDelete