16.10.10

Holidays a gym day.......

what's a day to start of with if it's not with a great workout day on a holiday... lol.. anyways, initially i was thinking of how am i suppose to workout this week cause my friend came down to miri for a visit and i would like to meet up with him but at the same time i don't wanna miss gym... cause its ones a week thingy... lol.. anyways, thank God its a holiday today... il b taking the bus to meet up with him over the other side of town... cause every1's using the car to church and I'm left with transport no 11... my two legs.. hope i can still walk tomorrow cause i've pound my legs extremely hard today...

oh well... lets get back to my gym log.. so i reached the gym around 0815hrs and started straight away after i put away my belongings into the locker.. ps... iv decide not to work on my cardio cause my schedule today will b very intense...

since i did my shoulders yesterday, i started off with my pecs. The same old routine but i added extra load. i was pressing 120 doing incline at every steps while supersetting with machine press. and ended the streak with a dumbbell pullover.

then feeling a little pumped, I supersets Wide-grip lat pull behind the back with wide-grip lat front pulldown. Followed with a close-grip pulldown supersets with a wide-grip sitting row. Since I have ample time on the day, I threw in close-grip sitting row supersets with a reverse grip pulldown and finally end it with isolated lat pulldown. But i guess, i was feeling a little over when i decide to throw in a reverse grip standing cable row.

Next I move on to my machine abs routine but added a modified leg raise which i've been coaching my clients to use.

Arms came next. I started off with my triceps since i ended the previous exercise on my back so i want my biceps to rest before I pound it. As usual, triceps begins with triceps rope pulldown supersets dumbbell kickback. then I moved on to v-bar cable pushdown supersets with dumbbell triceps extension. Didn't wanna put too much pressure on my arms so i can torture my biceps so I ended my triceps blast by supersetting cable triceps pulldown and modified low pulley rope pulldown.

Biceps started with a high pulley alternate cable concentrated curl. super21 supersets alternate dumbbell curl came next followed by alternate hammercurl supersets cable biceps curl. I ended it with a drag cable curl.

I think the 1st part too out 3 hrs and its about time my body turn catabolic.. but i think it had 1/2 hr ago.. so i quickly down 1/2 handful of raisins before I munch on my peanut butter toast. Our muscle needs to grow and pounding it too hard or too long would deplete all the sources for it to feed on and instead, our body would choose to store on all the fats for reserved energy and munch on our muscles. so there goes the myth #1 hardcore workout burns fat.. true, but without the proper timing to feeding the muscles, its all out of the window.

not wasting any of the precious time, I quickly came back to the gym and started on my legs with heavy leg extensions. working on all the heads by changing the angle of my feet, I felt every bit of the burn.. hahaha... since i don't have much tools to work on my legs, so it's pretty much under developed ... moving on to the lying leg curl. this exercise is a little tricky.. a lot of ppl like to add extra plates thinking that it's going to make the muscle grow but instead, they end up curling with their hips taking up all the action. its like a dolphin swimming on the bench... anyways, by doing so, not only ur not working on the hamstring, you are risking injury to ur back... anyways, after these 2 exercise, i could barely walk.. but i was very determined... I staggered all the way to the smith machine and pull out 12 sets of 8 reps squats @ 120lbs on 3 angles. 4 sets each. Finally I dragged myself to one of the machines to work on my calf raise. Since there is no proper machine for that, I got a little creative and used the leg support on the chess press machine to get the calves burning..

last piece of the day, the delts. As mentioned above, since I did it the day before, so I started off with a machine press supersets with side lateral raise followed by close grip machine press supersets with front lateral raise. The price of the day was when I shrugged 100lbs on each side.... no cardio for the day cause i think iv burnt more than enough calories for the day... lol

anyways, taking the advice of Mr. Miri Iswandi.. I went to carbo load.. but i didn't wanna just load up so I choose a clean steam skinless chicken breast without any gravy with white rice and chili along with a cup of black coffee... feeding ur muscles with lots of protein is important... so work smart, eat smart...

Good portion from Sin Liang Chicken Rice, Miri

see how dry the skinless chicken breast is... i know... not the tastiest looking food... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment