19.9.10

Side Lateral Raise

The Side Lateral Raise is a great workout for the side deltoids which is nevertheless a common word among those who are experienced bodybuilder. Bt as always there are definitely numerous method to deliver this exercise.

I started off with what we call "FULL REP" whereby you lift the weights all the way parallel to your shoulders. Of course, using this method, you can only use a lighter dumbbell. any heavier would cause you to cheat too much into relying on your back and traps. But I never seem to feel that satisfied pump on my side deltoids. There is always a weight transfer, too much on the traps half way through. most of the time, it's around the 45° that i started feeling my traps coming into action. but then I was lucky to stumble upon an article on a newly researched method of pulling off the side lateral raise. Which of course, to many is called a "HALF REP" but not going all the way instead gives u the burning sensation after a full set. And furthermore, I'm a living proof and my clients saw the results in less than a week after using what I taught them.

Starting Motion

Ending Motion


And of course, there are lots of other side laterals in the market. There's the Y Lateral Raise, Square Lateral Raise, The X Lateral Raise.... but I find this one works for me :P Ignore the scary face though... hahaha


Here is how I do it in a Monstrous Rep Sets

No comments:

Post a Comment