9.9.10

Miri Luak Esplanade


Definitely a long long while since i last stepped foot on these lovely sandy stretch. It's so much different from the 1st time i was there back in 1995 before it was even developed. I had to force myself through the thick tall weeds separating it from the main road. Then came the fishermen who cleared a small path and before you knew it, gov came in and made it an authorized tourist spot. Other than ppl flocking in, the rubbish seems to always train behind. It's not as clean as before but still its a lovely place to visit if you come round to Miri, Sarawak.

I remember I used to hang out here so much that a lot of people mistook me as an Indigenous. Well, I do have a small amount of Head hunter Blood in me but I've never seen any of my relatives from that side of the family. Probably Great Grand-dad married her and moved to town and lost contact. Anyways, I've never taken any heads before so I'm not a graded warrior.. :P

This beach brings back so much memories from taking an hour nap here after every O'Levels Exam daily before I go home to study till having couple of my dates here. But now, it's just me who make random visits cause the sound of the wave made me feel so free. As if the waves would wash away all my worries and pain.

well, anyways.. it's a great beach to visit and come in the late afternoon if u don't wanna get burned + there are hawkers selling lots of food here then. but if you are looking at having a relaxed sunbathing session.. 8am is a nice time to arrive :)

2 comments:

  1. The beaches in Miri not only have improved, the food and also now there is many cheap
    Hotels in Miri, and with air Asia opening more roughs to Miri I guess will become a cheaper choice to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup... lots of improvements since i last visited.. hahaha... tat would be mid of the year.. been bz since.. seems like ur pretty familiar with miri :) well, its not the cheapest beautiful place in sarawak to visit but it's definitely worth visiting :)

    ReplyDelete