5.12.07

KLIFF07

For the past 5 days (28 Nov - 02 Dec) I've barely slept at all. Just imagine doing volunteer work from 8am up till 12MN and we only get paid RM50 per day. Well, we are suppose to work for 8 hrs straight but seemed like we are being trust with more responsibility day after day. Started out as a translator and ended up with two extra post as a transporter and Public relations. Anyhow, it started out with 7 of us from our college on the 1st day. But before the end of the day, 1 of us was gone due to health difficulties. By 2nd day, 4 of us planed to quit because of the Organizer's management problem. On the 3rd day, 1 did quit at the end of the days work. And there were only 3 of us left on the last day. And the funny thing was, the 3 of us were the people who despised the way the organizer's management ethnic. I am one of the 3. Where did the other 2 go? Beats me, they just quit on the last day.

what happened was some B**** (which I won't give out her name in Black and White - ZIHAN :P) abused the power given to her by the management for her own gain. Promised us an extra RM50 if we stayed on up till 12mn when we were suppose to knock off work at 6. So we stayed on so she could go off laze around without having to worry bout her responsibility since she had delegated it to someone else. she only came back 2 hrs later or more and she told us that she might not be able to help us get RM50 but she can ask for some. Another hour later, she told us that she has no authority to give us any money and wants us to ask for it ourselves from the finance committee. Told us that she had talked to them but ended up they didn't know anything of such. I'm not so much bout the money (Money is important no doubt) but at that very moment, its bout keeping promises. I'm angry because they make empty promises just to get us work. Anyways, the guy scolded her and demand her to apologize to us. Well, as expected out of their kind, she denied everything with COCKs and scolded us instead for accusing her.

Then there came another Prick (which I won't give you all his name in Black & White either - BALEN :P) WOW! the reason he gives is really POWER! Here is how it all started. I was assigned to take care of the transportation of the delegates. It was the last shuttle and I was missing a Japanese and I'm out of batt on my walkie. So I took off into the cineleisure to look for this guy. Found him but he wanted to wait for his friends. So I waited to see if he is still interested to come back to the hotel with us. Out of the blue, this Indian guy was shouting over the walkie and asked me where i am. So I went back to the shuttle and.....

Balen : Where did you go? (B. Malaysia)

Me : I went to look for one of the passenger. Why?
(B. Malaysia)

Balen : You are not suppose to leave the bus. You must stay here!
(B. Malaysia)

Me : One of the passenger is missing. I asked the other volunteer to look for him but my walkie is out of batt so
how am i suppose to know whether they haf found him? (B. Malaysia)

Balen : I don't care, you are not suppose to leave the bus
no matter what (B. Malaysia)

Me : (chuckle) What am I suppose to do? I'm out of batt.
(B. Malaysia)

Balen : Why didn't you go to the secretariat room to get a new walkie just now?
(B. Malaysia)

Me : (I thought you asked me not to leave the bus no matter what?) He is my responsibility.
(B. Malaysia)

Balen : How can you work like that? Tsk! Tsk! (In English so everyone thinks its my fault)


so I gave him the stare.. Which most of my friends thinks its really filled with murderous aura. LOL. At that very moment, I swear, if he said a word, just one word, I would have jumped off the bus and beat the shit out of him. Lucky he felt it.

Question? Do you think I should have waited on the bus and stay beautiful while waiting for the answer and solution to come to me or should I have go off to find the guy whose safety and welfare is my responsibility?

Con't

No comments:

Post a Comment