31.7.10

Marang / Buah Tarap

Marang or better know as Buah Tarap by locals here in Borneo is a local favorite sweet fruit with a strong scent equivalent to the king of fruits Durian and the Jackfruit. I've tried to search for it around peninsula Malaysia but to no success. hahaha... but today is my lucky day as it's the season where it floods the market's floor. At RM10 for 3 at most stalls it's a reasonably priced fruit to be enjoyed with.

There is a secret to choosing this fruit according to my dad. If you want to find those with larger seeds, seek the ones with thicker spines. trust me, you will wanna get those with thicker spines.

My cravings surpass my sanity as I dash to open one once we reached home and even finish the whole thing in barely under 10 minutes.. hahaha... gosh, i miss it so much... it's not the best but still, its good... if you've been to Borneo and have yet tried a Buah Tarap, you have not been to Borneo. look pass the surface covered with spines and once you deep your fingers into these soft, moist fruit and melt it in your mouth as the juice ooze out and fill you taste bud... you know where this is going :) enjoy

It's not the best looker but it's delicious

Check out the amount you get with one

Gone in 10 minutes..... on my own

No comments:

Post a Comment