22.7.10

Just had my Wisdom tooth extracted....


Ouch... nah... weren't that bad.. din feel a thing as i was sedated pretty strongly... lol...

actually, i find it pretty overrated initially cause before i went for it, family's been telling me that i'll fee nausea, sick, painful, headache... on n on... endless of fear injected into my mind... then when i was on the seat, the dentist injected some more fear.. hahaha.... but i guess, she just wanted me to understand the risk... my.... it was fear all the way... so when i got onto the chair.. i was hysterically afraid... lol .. heart was racing... mind going blank on how painful the surgery's going to be.... anyways...

let me start from the beginning............. long long time ago.......... haiz.. not that long... but anyways... 2 days back.... i went to a dentist.. thinking it's going to be snap.. but nooooo, dentist told me he can't do it cause there's lots of work on it and he ain't got the tool... so he asked me to head down to the gov polyclinic dental dept... 1 day ago, i did went and they were like poking here and there... told me i need a minor surgery.... i agreed to it... so waited for their schedule.. but.. its in 2 mths time..... and i can't wait since work's gona start soon..... hopefully *Crossed Fingers* anyways, Mom told me the best next option is to go to the Hii dental located at Jalan Merpati, Miri town.... so I head on down and they arranged me for today's appointment... and so this morning.....

I went early cause i really just wanna get it over and done with..... I went in, told em bout my problem. She told me that they need to examine it 1st... so she took out a huge injection needle and sedated me. after that, she asked me to step into the X-ray room... getting it so they would know how close the root of my tooth is to my nerves.. the risk is that if they ended up injuring the nerves... I'll feel numb for at least 2 mths minimum... worst, a year..... and yet, she told me it's very close and my tooth was very leveled so it's a very rough job .... hahaha....... like that's gonna help... anyways..... another point added to the "Fear pot" I said "Let's do it" :P

so she prepared her tools and so... she started drilling and then sawing the top of the tooth where it's decayed... took a while... a long while i may say.. but then she took a plier and started working on my tooth to yank it out.. but it feels more like she is pushing the tooth back in.. but i've no idea what is going on.. after that, she tool out a forceps with a string and started sewing it back... till she said "OK, have a look" only then i knew it was out.. she told me everything went well cause the tooth didn't break... so she passed me the tooth...... and told me to come back in a weeks' time to cut the string out.....

well, I drove myself home after that :P

2 comments:

  1. I guess they've made leaps in dental care since the good ol days of your parents, eh?

    ReplyDelete