31.7.10

Shanghai Cafe @ Pelita Commercial Center, Miri

Just one Saturday morning hanging out with mom at the Tamu, Market. After doing our grocery mom was hungry so we didn't know where to eat. mom's ok with anything but she was complaining bout my fussy appetite. I don't take oily, fried or too much meat. lol. anyways, mom decides to take me to Shanghai Cafe which is famous for its Roti Kahwin (Butter toast)

So mom ordered her Kuching Crispy Noodle which is so not in my list of "Anything going into my mouth" on normal days... hahaha... its saved for cheat days. anyways, i love these stuff, trust me, took a lot of effort to change my diet.

The waitress was taken aback when she took down my order. I wanted a Milo kosong (Plain Chocolate Malt) mild. She stared at me in silence and I repeated my order and asked her why she looks surprised. She told me usually people would order thick and not mild. and she was even surprised when i ordered Butter Toast mildly spread. I figure most of the time people are much greedier to asked for more without paying the extra mild and subconsciously jeopardizing their health... anyways..... Health : benefits issues

Anyways, I tried and i think it's just common toast. nothing special but good enough to fill up as snack....

Look at the amount of Bread.. mountain high.. You can tell most of the business here is all on the bread :P

I wonder if she ever gets bored of slicing off the sides... it's her only job :P

2 comments:

  1. White bread is nutritionally deficient too so you might as well just have the butter & kaya on crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... well, it does have.. but more carbs than needed.. and well.. butter and kaya is not the best option :S

    ReplyDelete