21.7.10

Kuching, Sarawak

It's been 7 years since I last step foot in kuching. Everything has changed and everything looks very different from the last time i saw it... but it was great to be back.. although I've been back Kuching twice in a month.. but twice I was busy as hell.. Rush all over... anyhow, I managed to visited Wisma Saberkas, a place I used to hang out as a kid... but it turns into an I.T. station... I loitered around and found a unique restaurant on the top floor with very cheap plastic rock looking tables and chairs called "STONE ICE" I checked out the menu and it was pretty pricey... lol


So I finally decides to order the "ROJAK" @ RM2.00 per 100g which is pretty pricey. But the unique part is that we get to choose the ingredient which is displayed in trays.. there were a lot of fruits... mango, honey dew, apple, grapes.... etc..... so I got some and went to weight it... comes round to RM4.50


That was my encounter with a local delicacy at a very old location in my memory....

I've always been trying to find "DARK CHOCOLATE" which is not sweet... thought I found one at "THE HILL, Kuching" a new shopping mall which is fairly occupied.. I asked and the cashier told me its locally made and even said its not sweet... but oh well, as usual, local customer service and product knowledge..... disappointment..... yet again... journey continues...

Borneo home made Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment