8.4.09

Working with Our National Brand


1st thing 1st. Do you know what does Proton stands for? Perusahaan Otomobil National. Thats Right... thats why they are still Berusaha.. Jokes which lingers on the lips of events coordinators and organizers after setting up at the Proton City.

All started with Parking our van and lorry outside the event venue to unload.. a very rude Malay security came up to us and ordered us to remove our van from the spot immediately. But we managed to talk him to let us finish unloading our stuff. But the DOGS were there.. watching every momevement we made. Right after we unloaded our stuff, I parked the van just infront of the security post at the main entrance because our task only require us to be there for less than 2 hours. Anyways, I went back to finsih the set-up quickly.

not too long after, The security came back and rudely inform us that we are not allowed to wear short pants in the premises and he asked my friend and the organizer to leave immediately. So we asked the DOG whether we can stay and finish the work 1st and come back tomorrow with the jeans. He disapproved and wants the two of them to ask permission at the Guard post which we all know what the answer's gonna be. So anyways, the two of them went and came back furious. The security was rude and sat like a gangster when he talked to them with a cigaratte in one hand. The DOG totally disrespect my friends. so we asked the guard what is the solution.

It said
Either you go home and change into long pants or just buy a track pants from their kiosk!

I said
The business must be so bad that they have to con people into buying their products!!!

anyways, I told my friend that I just need to finish some wiring then we can leave... The security lingers on and finally, when I came down, both my friend had their bare legs wrap in black clothes.. lol.. so anyways, We stayed on to finish up the set-up. At about 1pm, we asked the guys to finish up so we can fix the final piece. to my surprise, they have left early for lunch and we have to wait on them. anyhow, we left for lunch at their executive dining inside the building.

another incident, there was this indian guy who delivered the ice-creams. He parked his car truck at the entrance so he can deliver. The security walks up to him and screamed at him like he's a pest. Shouted at him to asked him to remove his vehicle.... poor fellow...

The best part is, the menu and the price was extremely cheap. Milo @ RM 1 - 1.20, Fried rice village style at RM1.50 - 2, and a lot of the food is at RM1 - 2. When I went to pay for both the milo I ordered, she charged me RM3. I asked isn't it RM1 for small? She kept persistantly insist that its RM1.50. so I left. When I took a sip, it's just vico, which is a cheaper brand of Milo. so anyhow, I guess they donno how to differenciate the two products or they are just unethical business people. When I asked how much was my rice, which was stated on the menu board @ RM1:50, She charged me RM2:80 and RM1 for an egg. I felt a bit cheated and asked why is the price different from the menu? She stammered and couldn't answer. I could tell from her expression that she is trying to find an excuse.. after a couple of questions like, why the price on the board is so so and so.. she finally found the BEST excuse. THAT IS THE OLD PRICE!! wicked.. brilliant answer.. Well, they charged differently when you are different.. so BEWARE!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!! THEY ARE A BIG CON

anyways, We went back to our jobs and finish at bout 3pm. Thought we can leave but they wanted to do a rehearsal. So we waited.. and waited... and waited.... and waited........................................... for a lady who showed up, not knowing what she is there for. UNPREPARED LAH TU!!! then more started showing up and well, same old story.. Donno what they WANT!! and they kinda waste time standing there not doing anything, worst, don't even know what to do!

anyways, they have a very weird culture inside the company.. at 10am, the siren will go off to remind staff to have morning tea break.. then the siren goes off saying "To all staff, its time to go back to work, please be at ur stations and happy working" well, lunch is lunch.. then the siren goes off at 3pm to remind people to break for high-tea... and the same "GET BACK TO WORK AND WORK HARD" shit came off the speakers... and the last one is to remind them to go back.... I wonder if there is any siren to remind them to smoke???

"SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH, PLEASE USE THE ASH TRAY AND THROW THE BUD IN THE BINS" -_-|||

anyways, we finally left the building.... Thank God we survive... lol

2 comments: