11.8.10

Finally done after editing 1st draft.....

After retiring from the Malaysian Industry to fly home so I can be a filial son after being away for 13 years, I got a little bored and missed my love.... acting, writing, producing and directing... im a greedy fellow eh :P having more than 1 love.... anyways... So i've been writing all this while but lack the manpower and resources to shoot anything... and furthermore, budget is a problem as I'm still unemployed.. thankfully, i've a little side income now and then and i've saved a little.. barely... anyways, I figure there is no point writing something which i can't shoot at the moment and give myself a chance to procrastinate... so I went out and had my creativity walk.. hahaha... and right then, an idea popped in my head......
So I went home, started planning the plot and started on the 1st page that very night.. and finishes off the next day.. 2 pages.. well, its not the best of all scripts but easy enough for me to understand and work on.. so I worked on the storyboard the next day and pick a hotel out of the yellow pages... (Its Miri after all) anyways, one of my friends stayed there previously and I think its not too bad.. and I went around to search for the best option for a cheap lighting and found an inspection lamp with cost me RM15 and the bulb RM2.90 (Make that RM3 then)

so all set, I packed everything into my trusteed Huge Red Bag and took off to the location...

I checked in at the hotel around 1pm, that cost me another RM60 and I got a loaf of Rye Bread with a take away peanut butter from home so another RM3.60. Right after I made sure there weren't anyone at the hallway, I took out my Sony Handycam DCR - SX40 and did a handheld.. lol. that took cared of everything.. but only then i realize there was a cctv above me ... hahaha.... of well..

So I started shooting in the room.. it's the 1st time I've forgotten to take my snacks .. cause i was busy rushing the shoot as i've only the budget to pay for a night... and trust me, 1 man crew is not easy. I've to adjust my focus and find framing myself. and I've to watch out for lightings and conti all together. and even set up the whole set and tripod and props... but everything went smoothly... well, not all.. but still, it's a smooth sail shoot..

I think the hardest was to try to adjust the framing and focus while getting the reflector to catch the lights and act at the same time ... but other that, i figure it's a great experience... I wrapped around 2am cause both my battery ran out and i had to charge. So I downloaded everything into my laptop and started editing some of them to try to catch any error shot.. so practically, I did half of the editing there and managed to walk up 7am to clear everything before I checked out.

Man, was i burnt. I didn't edit that morning.. but ended up editing that night till wee hours in the morning and well, took me 2 days to finish editing it.. along with the sound effects and subtitles.. well, i've already done the 1st rough draft... so now i just need to check if everything is sync :)

stay tune for more :)

The Making of THE WALK from sony Ericsson W610i

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see the final draft!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just posted the online version :) have a look at http://www.vimeo.com/bongchengtzuu

    ReplyDelete