26.12.10

No Pain No Gain?! Myth or Truth

It's posted in most gyms if not all. It's the tag line for every fitness trainers and instructors, heck, its even on fitness magazines.. But how true is this catch phrase to its publicity? It has always been the truth since ancient times of the bodybuilding world but time have changed and for the better if not worst.

I would say, the only PAIN you should be feeling for the gain is the pain of fighting to commit to being determined and committed to the exercise routine, diet and health. It's the sacrifice worth for the pain. Trust me, it's not easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle. lots of dedication involved. Truth is, even up till now, i've to struggle out of bed to pick my ass up to hit the gym. But i've managed without fail to push myself to make it happen.

I used to think that my muscles are only worked when I feel the pain right after or even before i finish the workout. I would work and work till i can't even feel my muscles before i leave the gym... but with much knowledge and experience now, .... OMG, the amount of lactic acids build up.... building up muscles is all bout the recovery factor and not by injuring them further. If you think you would feel more manly leaving the gym walking like you have the balls of an elephant, then think again.

Always monitor your workout, plan it out. alternating it to your conditions daily is essential but do not go overboard. Make sure when you have a goal, hit it and you can exceed it a little further to pump in the extra to get that last few sets to failure but not more. Trust me, you will feel it in a few days time and you can definitely see the pump sustained.

Plan, pump, and recover to get bigger, thicker and leaner muscles.... NO PAIN! NO GAIN!

Bong Cheng Tzuu on no gym day.....

1 comment:

  1. Sheet! That is a freaky picture!
    Where are you now?
    I'm in Kuching until Friday.

    ReplyDelete