8.3.09

National Film of Malaysia "Gov' Awareness Trailers"

060309 - 070309 I was having a shoot with our "Filem Negara Malaysia" working on their Trailers.. the 1st day, we were shooting beside the KLCC road just outside the Yap Kwan Seng. and the 2nd day we had to travel for 2 hrs just to shoot at a Fishing Village inside Lorong Parit 3, Lembah Selangor. The area is really secluded. Was quite dirty but well, the air is fresh.. apart from the salted fish smell... the rest is quite ok..

The 1st day was quite a disappointment as well, i was trying to help a lot of ppl to get into the industry but turns out that they were giving me a bad name. If they are not interested, they shouldn't have told me that they are and that they really love the field. When I give them the job, they promise the ppl to come but cancel off last minute. I mean, Im just trying to help.. but anyways, it doesn't affect me at all cause the bad name is not on me.. but people will avoid to hire this sorta people cause do you know how much trouble we will cause the production house if we promise to act but cancel off last minute? gosh, I mean, im an actor and I feel their pain.. please, do do do think of others before ourselves ya.... :) But the worst was this malay girl, lucky its not one of my friends which I pass to them.. she didn't even call in to cancel and worst of all, she she didn't even pick up the phone... how bad is that? She is definitely off my list... lol.. then something really disgusting happens at the Bukit Bintang Monorail station. while shooting some still pictures with the crew, I was leaning on the rails. A huge gay guy came up the stairs, I saw him and turns away cause I know im going to be in trouble if I looked. but I felt his eyes all over me.. and I took a peek.. and there he was, staring at me from head to toe and biting his lips as he passes me.. I tried to avoid contact.. hahaha... later on, Farra, the producer walked up to me and told me that she saw him looking like trying to gobble me whole... hahaha... gosh.. pls.. I respect ur decision.. pls respect mine ya.. I don't mind having gay friends.. all im asking for is for them to respect me as a straight.. or metro..

The 2nd day was a long trip down to a fishing village.. we reached at 12pm. the shoot was fun. we got to see how the fishermen lived and well, i think they usually just hang around the coffee shop during noon to have lunch.. and there is only one coffee shop.. lol.. I don't think they cook during lunch time at all... anyways, the public toilet was kinda scary and dirty and the mud under the bridge was absolutely horrible... with trillions and trillions of fly maggots crawling all over... initially i tot its sum kinda prawn or shrimps caught in the mud but when i looked closer... it was one of the worst sight... thankfully when the water rises, the small fishes ate em all... gosh.. imagine all of them survive and turns into flies... "THE ATTACK OF THE FLYING MAGGOTS" hahahaha... i mean "FLIES".... muahahaha.... the weather is really hot and stuffy out there. and what made it worst, the rain came and made the heat rise up.. but thank fully, all the shot were taken and all was well. we even made friends with the locals and have a full-fat lunch at the coffee shop.

The executive van which brings us around

the cameraman who has worked for Filem Negara for 20++ years..

The fishing village dock..

Sam (Right) and I (Left) taking a shot before the shooting..

Sam (Left) and I (Right) took another shot cause the 1st shot was a bit too loose... hahah

A lovely view

Our young directors trying to figure out another angle... while our producer looks on from behind

I kinda like this shot.. I took this without knowing that there is a bike.. just notice 2 minutes ago

I thought this is sum kinda monument.. but its actually being used to save the village if there is a flood

The river which leads up to the main road..

2 comments: