26.3.09

Gone Shopping

260309 - with a tight schedule today, i managed to slot in 2hrs movie due to the rain... what?? rain u may ask.... lol.. yeah, rain... i was on my way to double vision but the clouds don't look too promising so I turned into One Utama.. as I reached the parking lot, the sky starts to drizzle.. thank God I made the right decision... anyways, it was a complete pack schedule which had to be altered due to nature's calling... anyways, I had plans to head to One Utama once Im done with.. so I head straight to GNC to look for the Muscletech Hydroxycut Hardcore and well, with a long.... long.... long... consideration... I finally purchased it and tomorrow is the 1st day Im using it... anyways...

The sky has not cleared and there is nothing else i wanted to do, and I got a bit hungry.. I didn't know what to get.. and well, out of the blue, I just decide to watch a film and eat pop-corn..lol.. so i went straight to the cinema floor and browse tru the list of movies.. and there is was "Gone shopping" by Wee Li Lin caught my eye cause I've heard so much bout it... so I went straight to the counter without a 2nd thought to check on the seatings.. to my surprise, its only 5% sold... so anyhow, I bought a ticket and went straight into the hall with my pop-corn.. lol

I went in, 2 couples already in, waiting for the show... but unfortunately, the techinicians seems to be sleeping.. lol cause the attendants have to come in with a walkie-talkie to get em to start the show.... so anyhow.. its a nice film to watch and I find it really interesting that its shot in tri-lingual... I mean, this is the way to do it.. what does us malaysian and singaporean are rich of... culture, race and traditions. but damn.. sum1 beat me to it.. I mean, I was planning to make a short film with is as realistic s possible with unnecessary force on language limitations.. anyhow.. its a pretty artistic film and you have to sit through it and listen to understand. But I have to say, Wee Li Lin did a good job with the film.. editing is quite all right but the subtext is brilliant... unfortunately, not everyone appreciate the film... by the time the film ends, Im the only one left :(

a film worth watching.. :P

Genre
Drama / Comedy
Director
Wee Li Lin
Cast
Kym Ng
Adrian Pang
Aaron Kao
Sonya Nair
Runtime
1hr 40 mins
Official Website
www.goneshoppingthemovie.com


Synopsis :

"Gone Shopping" is a darkly funny character study of three eccentric urbanites who escape to the shopping centers in search of a new frontier.

Leading the repertoire is a tragically romantic 40-year-old tai tai who desperately wants to be loved, followed by a feisty 8-year-old girl who desperately wants independence and finally an angst ridden 22-year-old 'Gen-Y' boy who desperately wants to find his manhood. This motley crew lead audiences through a journey of love, loss and lunacy in the heart of Singapore where they find that their dreams can be bought and broken.

In the midst of it all, they also cross paths with other creatures of the mall, each of them with their own strange retail tales to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment