6.1.11

Bodybuilding is not just about muscles

There are many values to be learn from bodybuilding.. It's not just about muscles, 6 packs, men in tight underwear on stage outdoing each other.... It's not even about how heavy you bench. If this is your opinion on bodybuilding then you have yet stepped into the world of pumping iron.

You see, bodybuilding is more than just working out in the gym or to some in the big field or track field. Being one mean we have to constantly watch our diet, manage our time and dedicate ourselves to a routine and stick to all those mention above. If you have tried dieting then you would know what I mean pure dedication to what you have set out to achieve. It's not impossible. Nothing is ever impossible. And I've used myself as an example. I've been maintaining my diet since 2008. Since the day I made up my mind to make a change. Initially it was hard, trust me, I've to drag myself out of the chocolate aisle in a supermarket and ppl around thinks im nuts.. muahaha.... bt then.. whenever my subconscious tell me that it's ok, there's always another day to start .. I put a stop to it and tell myself, "NO!" if i don start today, i'll never begin. From here, we learn determination, discipline, determination and never to give up or give in easily.

I know its hard to keep up with family, friends, work and exercise. but try this, my previous job requires me to be on call anytime cause too many last minute jobs and most of the time iv to work 16 hrs a day. I make sure I wake up 5am everyday to get my cardio in and make breakfast, snacks and lunch before I head out to work. It's not an easy task either. I've to pull myself out of the bed, walk to the washroom with my eyes close and boil water too in that state. lol. then whenever i've no last minute work, i'll hit gym. sometimes, the call time is around 7pm. Il take my dinner and rush to the gym and finish off by 6:30pm.. you see, if you set your priority right, it's almost impossible not to get everything in.. I know a lot of ppl who kept on telling me that they wanna slim down and workout bt every time they have free up time, they will be loitering around shopping complex, clubbing, drinking in a pub, sitting around the coffee shop... etc... even if its only 30 mins a day, its already sufficient enough to burn fats and build muscle.. it's all bout learning to set your priority right and manage your time properly.

so don't just go to the gym to workout or build muscle.. but learn bout human value as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment