20.2.11

Bent a little to pump another day

Some old pic found in my vault

I notice a lot of ppl in the gym like to stretch and straighten their limbs with each press. Then I found out they think by doing so they could pull a fuller pump. Well, it doesn't work that way. Even if you extend your joints to the fullest but you don't protrude the right muscles you are still not working it hard enough. Instead you risk injuries on your joints especially on the knees and elbows. By stretching it all out straightening your joints, the pressure rest on these joints and could cause grinding on the bones which is terrible for the cartilages. not only that, the whole point of the pump is lost when all the pressure is supported by your joints instead of your muscles. So the next time you do a leg press, squat or even bench press, don't straighten all out..

And "no" I don't train ppl shirtless all the time... lol.. only on request :P

i just love to see every1's look when I do this in the gym.. hahaha... i would start off with a normal position of a chin-up. then pull myself up and do a flip through both my hands still attached to the bar and then flip back....

2 comments:

  1. Learned something new here... It just feels damn good to stretch a strained muscle.
    Now, I will only stretch after a pump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup... its better that way... bt if u wanna do before the exercise... do a dynamic stretch / warm-up... bt usually i don't and just stretch after each pump

    ReplyDelete