14.6.11

Mr Miri 2011 (Part 1)


Well, this year's Mr Miri is yet held at Boulevard Shopping mall. It's my 1st bodybuilding experience which I managed to grab the 3rd placing in bantam weight category. I've only decided to join earlier this year so all together it was estimately 6 months of preparation for this competition.. I can tell you so much have gone through and so many barriers arises which cause me to almost give up. But I told myself, since I started it, might as well finish it. And furthermore I've suffered so much on the diet and pretty much it would have been a waste to just give up. So regardless of sunshine or rain, by hook or by crook, I pump my hearts out (which I love to do) change my diet from 85% Vegan to 85% carnivorous (which I don't really fancy) lol.. well, my diet is mostly organic and what my friend refer to as "hamster or bird" food.. heck, the 1st thing I craved for when I cut off my Carbs was Oatmeal.

Since I was working in brunei, so i don't get a lot of tips from colleagues who have not competed before. So it was all the way instinct and memories of tips from great bodybuilder friends such as Cheyenne, Helmi, Saiful, iswandi and many more from Miri.

I've to admit one thing, I concentrate too much on my workout and getting my muscles ready that I've actually neglected a very important aspect... which is the posing stance. I've youtube, googled and researched but never really actually got down to practicing it though. So that's the biggest mistake and I admit that my lost is due to lack of preparations.

And so I arrived early on the 9th June so I can prepare myself. Since there were some complication with my food preparation tools at the hostel, I decide to make an early trip so I can better control my nutrition. And I am glad that i made the right choice. Imagine the only tool used to prepare my competition meal was stripped away 4 days away from the competition and I've to come up with something new which can be prepared without the steamer. So I had raw tuna and egg stirred together. LOL. I know, its disgusting but lucky for the peanuts which filled up as my snacks.

Well, I was only taking sips of R.O. water the whole day making sure it doesn't exceed 22 ounce per day. bt i was still on protein. Another thing I didn't know I shouldn't do. so after being told, i tried taking dried protein powder.. hahaha..... chocking feeling I can say. anyways, by the time it hits 9am on the 11th June (competition day) I was as weak as hell, dehydrated.

Well, the worst bit was the weight in time was postpone an hour later and we only had a couple of hours to load in.. I prepared mine.. 2 medium potatoes and 250gms of oven baked lean beef. bt the whole day i was pretty much undernutrition. Anyways, I was pretty happy bout the number i got that day.. my favourite athlete, Michael Jordan's number 23 for my 1st bodybuilding competition.


It's so good to be back in town meeting lots of good friends and catching up in the pump room was good. I know, I know... so much difference in size eh :P hehehe...

Chyenne is a very good and supportive friend as well as a good advisor.

Well, I weighted in around 5:30pm and weighted at 64.5kg. which is just 1kg below the max weight set for bantam category. It's good enough cause when i arrived on thursday I still weight at 67kg and Friday at 66kg. I had 2kgs of water in me. haha... So I loaded up my beef and potatoes right after the weight in and hope the carbs depletion works as planned.


1st to go was the masters category and there were only one participant and he is very well built and ripped. Same surname as I do, Bong Lee Fui has his color on and I can see that he came well prepared for war. After the masters category, the junior went up for their show while the Feather weight had their colors on and got into the pump room to pump up the muscles. So that means it's time for me to have my colors on.

Initially I got Jo'ana to help me with the colors but time was running out so Cheyenne and Bong came over to get me all tanned up with Pro Tan. Believe me, it takes a little while to get used to being touched by men all over. lol.. Well, I realized that pro Tan's very wet and its very hard to dry it off and the color on my body was as if there were texture. Oh well, there is always a 1st to know which brand suites.

Special Thanks to Jo'ana, Cheyenne, Bong Lee Fui to help me with the colors.

After the coloring, I have to stand it off to get it as dry as possible. Suddenly the air-conditioned room didn't seem cold at all and the direct wind from the air-con was a bit warm. They told me to only pump just before going up on stage so I have to wait till it was bantam weight category before I hit my elastic band and dumbbells. I only did the smaller muscle groups and then... more waiting.

To be honest, I weren't nervous going about going on stage. Probably all the trainings with the lingerie shows I did before and acting in front of the camera helps. I used to have stage fright previously and I was a bit worry on that part. Well, seems like that night it didn't give me any problem on that part.

Well, I didn't finish the whole tub of color.. probably cause im too small.. hahaha

Final touch up.. lots of tapping to get the color even.. :P I was on my underwear though.. cause it was pretty expensive to buy a posing suit and i was on a budget.... so i got my skimpiest "skins" underwear

Bong Lee Fui on his most muscular pose. He's a great entertainer and the crowd were cheering for him the whole way.

The Champion for the Master's Category, Bong Lee Fui

2 comments:

  1. What? You ate protein powder. Gila!
    hahaha~~

    Anyway, good job! You've gained a new body-builder friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup... i ate the powder... muahaha.. chocking though :P hahaha....

    thanks bro :) prob not competing next year... gonna prepare myself using 1 year...

    ReplyDelete